Thursday, June 23, 2016

Dr. Ayanna Howard: Roboticist and AI Scientist #nwed2016 #RaisingProfiles @nwed1919

adafruit_national_women_engineering_day_hero

banner-robocop_0

via Black Enterprise

It’s not every day you meet a sister who not only builds robots, is an expert in Artificial Intelligence, and worked for NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab, but is also a down-to-earth, humorous, old-school Blerd (Black nerd) who was inspired by The Bionic Woman, Wonder Woman, and all things Sci-Fi as a little girl.

From the interview:

I started working at JPL (NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab) after my freshman year in college. That’s when I became involved in programming. I was never classically trained as a computer scientist. I had to learn db4 and Pascal. JPL — they do robotics. So, I paired up with a group focused on AI. When I started grad school I had to figure out if I could use what I was doing at JPL with what I was doing at grad school.

Read more



from Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! http://ift.tt/28QMz0o
via IFTTT پیچ و مهره www.superpart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment